Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Birthday --Just Add Ink #209 and Seize the Birthday

April 7, 2014

We returned from a FABULOUS weekend in Charleston!!!!  Great food, wonderful city and special friends made it perfect.  It was so much fun, but now back to reality.  

It has poured all day!  I am thankful for the rain to wash away some of the pollen, though!  The pollen is so thick that it looks like yellow snow everywhere!  
Springtime in Atlanta is beautiful, but there is a price to pay!

I found two new challenges to enter today.  Just Add Ink is all about layers!  I love lots of layers on my cards, so it was a perfect challenge for me.  The Seize the Birthday  wanted bling of any type.  Nothing says BLING like pearls!  ENJOY!











Stampin' Up! Products:

Paper:  Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations, Cherry Cobbler Designer Series Paper, Whisper White

Ink:  Cherry Cobbler

Stamp Sets:  Blue Ribbon, Birthday Cake, Bring on the Cake

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Large Dot Embossing Folder (not SU), Banner Framelits, Starburst Framelit, Envelope Liner Framelit, Banner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sander, Circle Punches

Embellishment:  Pearls

This special card is for my niece.  She is a Junior at Indiana University so, it had to be a crimson card!  I know she will love it!  GO HOOSIERS!!!!!

Let me know what you think.  I love to hear from you!  Your comments make my day!

Don't forget to order your Stampin' Up supplies on my online store, 24/7!  Thank you so much for all of your support! 


Happy Stampin!
Claire

20 comments:

  1. You have rocked this weeks Just Add Ink challenge Claire! So many great layers and your Cobbler and white colour scheme is so effective...Great card! Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, Nikki! I am so happy to hear from you! You are so sweet to comment on my card! XX

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great strong colors! Love it.
    Thank you for joining us at STB this time.
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Macarena! Thank you very much for your kind comments on my card! I really appreciate it! XX

      Delete
  3. Claire, this is stunning! I love the bold red and white colour combination, and the fabulous embossed background. The tails on the rosette are just the cutest! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Christine! It is so nice to hear from you and receive your sweet compliments! XX

      Delete
  4. I just love your red and white layered card Claire! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jodene! Red is my favorite color, so this was fun to make! XX

      Delete
  5. Claire, I LOVE this! The layers are fabulous and you did it all with just two colors... I'm in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SOOO much, Kathy! You are so kind to compliment my card. I am always in awe of your work! XX

      Delete
  6. Your colour choice is so stunning and cheery which gives enthusiasm for a birthday card. Love how you have used your layers to blend in various patterns to make such a vibrant card. Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mae! Your kind comments are so appreciated! X

      Delete
  7. Gosh I just love this monochromatic card!! You've got lots of layers and lots of details on this card :)

    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Trish! So happy to hear from you! X

      Delete
  8. Wow this is crimson with a capital C Claire! And what a great mix of patterns and it all works - how wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim! I really appreciate your kind comments! X

      Delete
  9. This card is fabulous - I like how you have stuck to just the 2 colours - with all the layers and flags its perfect. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind compliment on my card! It is so nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  10. just loved your card with so many layers and the colour. Rosalie.Victoria australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Rosalie! So kind of you to comment on my card! X

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!