Saturday, May 31, 2014

You Make Me Happy-Spinner-FMS162

May 31, 2014

I had a few extra minutes, so I decided to watch a few YouTube videos to learn something new today.  I have seen so many spinner cards on Pinterest and wanted to make one.  I found Linda Gutierrez's Video very helpful. Spinner cards are so much fun and I know my little granddaughters would love to receive one in the mail.  

I wasn't sure what stamp to use, so I decided to go with the cute little elephant in the You're Amazing Stamp Set.  It will be retired in a few weeks, but I will keep it around.  I really like this set.  Tara's Challenge at the Friday Mashup  called for "Stripes" and "Moveable Parts."  I had so much fun making this card.  It doesn't leave a lot of room for ribbons, bows or much bling because you need room for the elephant to flip.  I will be on the look out for more stamps that will be work for the spinner.  




         This little Elephant loves to spin around when you shake the card!  :)))









Stampin' Up! Products:

Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Whisper White, (Lilybeedesign-Picket Fence for Stripes)

Ink:  Smokey Slate, Real Red

Stamp Sets:  You're Amazing, Hello Lovely

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Chalk Talk Framelit, Envelope Liner Framelit, Stampin' Dimensionals, Word Window Punch,  Paper Snips

Embellishments:  Sequins and Clear Stickles, 2 Pennies

Please leave a comment if you have a chance and let me know your thoughts.
I love to hear from you!

Wishing you a fabulous weekend!  Do something you LOVE today!  

Happy Stampin!
Claire

10 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, this is one very cute spinner card! Your sparkly ellie, sequins & fun stripes will make someone very happy! Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Helen! I am so happy to hear from you! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've totally inspire me, Claire! I have never made a spinner card, but now I want to! This one is so fun and festive. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, that is so sweet of you! I know you will enjoy making a spinner card. I just sat and played with it when I finished. Have fun and thanks again! XX

      Delete
  4. Such a fun card, Claire! I love the bright stripes to go along with the fun elephant and the sequins add even more dazzle to this great card!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lisa! It was a fun card to make! Great to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  5. Spinner cards are so fun and always come to mind when I think of cards that move. The striped paper is perfect for birthday. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Heidi! Yes, they are fun to make! So nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  6. Ah, so cute- that elephant with the brightly colored hat- so fun! I too am off to try a spinner card this week! Your granddaughters will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cindy! Have fun making a spinner card! XX

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!