Tuesday, January 24, 2017

When It Snows--Stamp Ink Paper #83

January 24, 2017

I don't have a lot of my "to do" list this week, so I have a little extra time to play in my tepee.  I saw the sketch at The Stamp Ink Paper Challenge and decided to play along.  I have a very dear friend that was just diagnosed with breast cancer.   :((  I wanted to make a card for her that was uplifting and seasonal.  She lives in MI and it is winter there!   I hope it brightens her day!



My card is created using the Simon Says Snow Much Thanks card kit.  I used a white card base.  I covered the front of the card with the Cornflower Blue card stock included in the kit.  Next, I stamped the snowflakes on the blue gray parchment paper using the white shimmer ink.  I heat embossed the snowflakes with white embossing powder.  I stamped a large snowflake on the parchment paper and trimmed it using a stitched circle die.  I mounted this on a circle cut with the same die in the cornflower card stock.  I loved this sentiment.  It was perfect for encouragement.  I did change the shape of the sentiment in the sketch and made it a lot wider and shorter to be able to use this sentiment.  The stamp set for the snowflakes and sentiment are from Simon Says Stamp Frozen Fractals.  A variety of snowflake sequins are included in the kit and added to the card for fun and shine.  



I hope you enjoyed my card today.  I appreciate you stopping by my blog!  Leave a comment, I love to hear from you!  


HUGS!
Claire

2 comments:

  1. Claire that is beautiful!! It will certainly put a smile on her face. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, everything about this card is so pretty and perfect! I love Cornflower Blue and the embossing and sentiment are just so delicate and sweet. Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week! Crystal, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!